As the rest of the NHL finishes up their 2022 schedules and everyone celebrates while watching the ball drop, the Carolina Hurricanes can sit back with their franchise-record 10-game win streak.
The 16-game point streak remains intact heading into 2023.
Per the norm for New Year’s Eve, we all begin making our New Year’s resolutions.
Some will be laying off the sweets and some will be buying that gym membership that won’t make it to February.
Here are some Hurricanes resolutions/predictions for 2023:
- Max Pacioretty will walk around with bubble wrap to remain healthy for the rest of the season.
- Pyotr Kochetkov will respect his elders and continue to let Raanta start in the net.
- Jordan Staal will sign a life-long contract with a team-friendly cap hit.
- Frederik Andersen will gladly welcome a stint with the Chicago Wolves to let Kochetkov and Raanta continue their excellence.
- Mother Earth promises to provide snow for the outdoor game.
- Rod Brind’Amour will continue to not use hair dye.
- Martin Necas and Andrei Svechnikov will save some goals for a Stanley Cup playoff run.
- Brent Burns will buy a razor but not use it.
- Seth Jarvis will increase his amount of naps on game day.
- Jaccob Slavin will take no penalties in 2023.
- Jesperi Kotkaniemi will forget his contract and play to his potential
- Sebastian Aho will not be traded 😉
- Jack Drury will be back!
The season began with some inconsistent play, but the team has found it’s groove and has help on the way.
Much to look forward to in 2023 including the Stadium Series.
I wish all our readers a Happy New Year! Be safe this evening!