How to watch the Carolina Hurricanes and who is expected to play
More from Cardiac Cane
- 2023 Southeast Rookie Showcase: Takeaways from the Canes’ Strong Showing in Florida
- Week Two Coverage Of College Hockey In NC
- Derek Stepan Ends His On Ice Career As A Hurricane
- The Southeast Rookie Showcase Will Be a Good Look at Carolina’s Future
- Noesen Ready To Provide Depth For Canes
- Puck Drop: 4:00pm EST
- Location: Scotiabank Arena
- TV: Fox Sports Carolinas (locally in Carolina)
- NBCSN (everywhere else)
- Radio: 99.9 The Fan
- Uniform: Road Whites
- Potential Lineup:
- Svechnikov – Aho – Teravainen
- Niederreiter – Trocheck – Foegele
- Dzingel– Staal – Williams
- McGinn – Geekie – Martinook
- Gardiner– van Riemsdyk
- Potential Goalie Matchup:
- Hurricanes: Petr Mrazek/James Reimer
- Capitals: Braden Holtby
The Carolina Hurricanes will be allowed to carry an extra forward and an extra skater into today’s match-up. They will return to the regular 18 skater regulation on Saturday against the Rangers. Haydn Fleury will be the seventh defender while Steven Lorentz, who joined the team’s practice yesterday will fill in as the 13th forward.
I would expect Mrazek to get two periods of play before handing it over to Reimer. That said, do not be surprised if Rod gives Reimer the nod earlier than that.
Hamilton is still nursing a new injury while Necas’s absence is relatively been kept in the dark. Hopefully one or both of them will be available to play during the play-in series starting Saturday.
I expect the Carolina Hurricanes to care about this game a bit more than the Washington Capitals. But expect the Capitals to give some serious competition. My prediction is that the Hurricanes win easily in regulation, but the final score won’t truly reflect it. Good news is that it won’t matter a few days from now when the real games start.
Question for CC Readers: What are you most excited to see in today’s game?