1. Keep Up with the Avs’ Top Scorers
The Colorado Avalanche have more than a few absolutely lethal goal scorers. Nathan MacKinnon, for example, has scored 21 goals and 31 assists for 52 points in 34 games played this season. Mikko Rantanen, despite only playing in 18 games so far this season, has put up 10 goals and 14 assists for a combined point total of 24 points.
More from Cardiac Cane
- 2023 Southeast Rookie Showcase: Takeaways from the Canes’ Strong Showing in Florida
- Week Two Coverage Of College Hockey In NC
- Derek Stepan Ends His On Ice Career As A Hurricane
- The Southeast Rookie Showcase Will Be a Good Look at Carolina’s Future
- Noesen Ready To Provide Depth For Canes
The Carolina Hurricanes have just as many offensive powerhouses, and should be able to keep up with the Avalanches’ top scorers defensively.
Dougie Hamilton has been playing exceptionally well in the defensive end lately, and players like Joel Edmundson, Jaccob Slavin, and Brett Pesce have been playing their usual stalwart defensive games.
If the Carolina Hurricanes can match the speed, intensity, and determination of the Colorado Avalanche’s top scorers, we could even see another scoreline similar to the 6-3 walloping the Canes laid on the Winnipeg Jets mere days ago. Keep your fingers crossed, Caniacs.