With only nine games into the 2019-2020 season, the Carolina Hurricanes have made a statement. Let’s discuss some observations of what has happened so far.
Just a few weeks into the 2019-2020 NHL season, the Carolina Hurricanes have roared out of the gates winning five games in a row for the best start in franchise history. Recently they have struggled on the west coast trip but with a current record of 6-3-0 (12 points), they currently sit 3rd in the metropolitan division and 8th in the league.
More from Cardiac Cane
- Carolina Hurricanes: The Miracle That is David Ayres
- Carolina Hurricanes: Takeaways from Insane Road Win vs. Toronto
- Carolina Hurricanes: Fantasy Picks, Betting at Toronto Maple Leafs
- Carolina Hurricanes: Three Keys to Victory in Toronto vs. Maple Leafs
- Carolina Hurricanes: Takeaways from Home Loss to New York Rangers
Though it may be premature to say whether the Hurricanes are Stanley Cup contenders or not, we can say they are playing very entertaining hockey full of comebacks, drama, and great plays. From Shootout saves to OT thrilling goals from the defense. Goalies on both ends of the ice retiring to the showers early. Even a Shutout. This season has it all already.
Many factors have contributed to the success and the struggles of this burgeoning season. Some are good factors, some are less so. Some are things to get really excited for and some we with would go away real fast and allow this team to thrive.
All in all, here are the observations from the season only nine games in. lets see how long these last. Now let’s look closely at how the season has gone so far.