The Carolina Hurricanes used a plethora of line combinations up until the 2019-2020 season’s pause. Even with some unknowns, it’s never too early to ponder how next season’s lines could look.
Hey Canes fans! I hope this article finds you in good health and a safe six feet away from your peers. The Carolina Hurricanes line combinations are often a hot topic of debate. We watched the lines go through the blender as various skaters hit their peaks and valleys. We saw them shuffled when injuries plagued the roster.
I feel as though the pandemic has us all yearning for how things were before, and that’s definitely a mood we experience when our beloved Canes are going through a tough stretch. The fact of the matter is that we can’t go back. We can only go forward.
With that in mind, I want to look forward to when hockey will be back and we won’t be social distancing. In order for these potential lines to work, you’ll have to bear with me while I make a set of assumptions. I’m also going to not going to crunch the numbers against the salary cap at this time.
- Haydn Fleury and Warren Foegele will both be re-signed.
- Justin Williams will retire for good.
- Trevor van Riemsdyk and Joel Edmundson test free agency.
- Morgan Geekie sticks with the NHL club.
- Sami Vatanen isn’t coming back.
- The Carolina Hurricanes don’t sign any new, pending unrestricted free agents.
- None of the current prospects ‘WOW’ at training camp enough to steal a spot.
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s conjure up some potential 2020-2021 lines!