Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on expectations for Nathan Gerbe can be found here
- The Canes play their fifth preseason game against the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later today.
- Elias Lindholm’s injury is hurting his chance of playing for the Hurricanes:
- The Hurricanes players gave their opinion on hybrid icing (Hurricanes Website)
- Mark Jones looks at five burning questions for the Canes season (Bleacher Report)
- Andrew Luistro explains why only inconsistency is prominent at the Hurricanes training camp (The Hockey Writers)
- The Canes are adjusting to injuries to key players (Raleigh News & Observer)
Training Camp Update
- Semin, Gleason, Ruutu and Lindholm missed practice again. Semin and Lindholm skated before the session.
- Muller said the players are still day-to-day but couldn’t guarantee they would be in the opening night lineup: This could be awful news for the Canes. However, they still have over a week until the first game.
- Muller also said he likes Riley Nash at center and would allow Lindholm to move to winger.
- Terry moved up to the first line with Staal and Semin: Like Bowman before him, it can only be a good thing for Terry that he is playing with the top line.
- Bowman played with Sutter and Westgarth, while Dvorak moved to the Nash-Skinner line.
- There were no changes to the defense pairings.