Carolina Hurricanes News:
- Ulf Samuelsson may be a top candidate for the Carolina Hurricanes’ coaching job, but should he be? (Cardiac Cane)
- Carolina Hurricanes sign Swedish prospect Erik Karlsson to an entry-level contract. (Cardiac Cane)
- The Carolina Hurricanes need to get more physical this offseason. (Canes Country)
- The Carolina Hurricanes should trade Jay Harrison this offseason. (Bleacher Report)
I think Jay Harrison’s run in Raleigh is drawing to a close. He quickly went from an AHL caliber defenseman, to a border-line top-four NHL defenseman, now back to a fringe top-six defenseman in four seasons.
The Carolina Hurricanes have to pay Jay Harrison $1.5 million per season through the 2015-2016 season, but I think it would be best to get rid of him now and not pay him that money.
Brett Bellemore supplies the same physical game on the back end for potentially a lot less money than $1.5 million, pending on how much they pay pending the RFA. Jay Harrison has been a great Carolina Hurricane, but his production continues to get worse, so he may not be worth a roster spot anymore.
- P.K. Subban and Patrice Bergeron are the final two candidates for the cover of EA Sports’ NHL 15. (Too Many Men On The Site)
- The Montreal Canadiens missed a huge opportunity. (Too Many Men On The Site)
- Is NBC’s Pierre McGuire a legitimate candidate for the next GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins? (Pens Labyrinth)
- After suffering a career ending injury, Eric Wellwood retires and becomes an assistant coach in the OHL. (Broad Street Buzz)
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes