Carolina Hurricanes News
- Check out the season recap for Eric Staal here.
- Should Eric Staal still be captain of the Carolina Hurricanes? (Cardiac Cane)
- Dan Bylsma should be a top candidate for next head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes. (Cardiac Cane)
- Michael Smith covers prospects and ice in this week’s Tweetmail. (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Canes Country Round Table: RFA’s. (Canes Country)
- The Carolina Hurricanes don’t want a player like Milan Lucic or Matt Cooke, but they need one. (Section 328)
By this point, most people have heard about what Milan Lucic allegedly said to Dale Weise in the handshake line following the end of Boston and Montreal’s seven game second round series.
Most people, including me, will think that a player should never go so far as to say “I will (Bleep) kill you next year” to another player in a setting that is supposed to be respectful. That kind of behavior is not necessary, but at the same time, his emotions were running very high fresh off of losing a seven game series to bitter rivals.
That being said, the Carolina Hurricanes need that kind of toughness on their team. When I say that kind of toughness, I’m not saying that they need a guy threatening to end the lives of other players, but the Carolina Hurricanes need a player that will go beyond the limit sometimes.
Sometimes teams need a player that will go the extra mile to intimidate and instill fear into their opponent. That is the kind of player the Carolina Hurricanes haven’t had in a very long time, and they need a player like that.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes