Carolina Hurricanes News
- See the season recap for Carolina Hurricanes forward Andrei Loktionov here.
- Barry Trotz has been in talks with the Carolina Hurricanes, and Cam Ward may be shopped around by Carolina Hurricanes GM Ron Francis. (Cardiac Cane)
- Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Bollig suspended two games after illegal hit on Minnesota Wild defenseman Keith Ballard. (Too Many Men On The Site)
- Saturday’s results in the IIHF World Championships. (Pucks And Pitchforks)
- Toronto Maple Leafs trade talk: Nazem Kadri and Jake Gardiner. (Editor In Leaf)
- What’s next for the San Jose Sharks? (Blades Of Teal)
After yet another disappointing playoff run, or lack there of, from the San Jose, it is back to the drawing board once again. The Sharks’ roster is top notch, but the current group of players in San Jose just can’t break through.
The forward unit in San Jose is lethal. They have a great mix of veteran and youth players with youngsters like Tomas Hertl, Matt Nieto, and Logan Couture and seasoned vets like Joe Thornton, Martin Havlat, and Patrick Marleau.
Captain Joe Thornton and assistant captain Patrick Marleau recently signed contract extensions, so it is unlikely that they will be moved. It would also be a bit foolish to think about moving players like Couture, Hertl and Nieto. This puts San Jose in a bit of a conundrum.
I think the defense needs improvement. Dan Boyle certainly isn’t the player he used to be, and the Sharks need a player that can supply the offense from the point and quarterback a power play. A coaching change is also a possibility in California.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes