Carolina Hurricanes News
- There were two posts on upcoming free agents. For Radek Dvorak‘s click here. For Zach Boychuk‘s click here.
- We chose our picks for the 2013-14 NHL Awards (Cardiac Cane)
- Michael Smith has another set of Twitter questions answered (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Paul Branecky goes over this past season for the Charlotte Checkers (Checkers Website)
- Andrew Hirsch has Anton Khudobin‘s interview with Dmitry Chesnokov fully translated (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
- Canes Country has a roundtable discussion on who will be the GM of the Hurricanes next season (Canes Country)
I agree with Bob Wage here, that maybe Jim Rutherford will be back next year. We haven’t heard too much recently and if the move has been planned for a while, as was indicated earlier, the Canes should just get to it.
This fact doesn’t really excite me either. I’m of the opinion that somebody new needs to be brought in.
Ron Francis is obviously a great candidate, but I have to agree with Jeff Berrier. Francis is a great option, but what’s wrong with interviewing other people and exploring all options?
Francis would probably still have the inside edge, but nothing wrong with seeing if someone else is interested in the job.