Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s grades on the bottom six can be found here. The top six grades will be posted later today.
- A day in the life of Manny Malhotra (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Checkers playoff scenarios, which will be clear after this weekend (Checkers’ Website)
- Luke DeCock has his NHL awards ballot (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Michael Peckerar looks at five lessons the Canes learned the hard way this season (Rant Sports)
Charlotte Checkers Preview
The Checkers begin their most important two games of the season tonight when they take on the Milwaukee Admirals at 8 p.m. The Checkers are two points out of a playoff spot, but still stand a chance at making the postseason.
Charlotte may be getting an added scoring touch as Sergey Tolchinsky may make his debut tonight. He’s never played in the AHL, but the numbers he had in juniors is something to get excited about.
Lately, scoring has been a problem for the team as scoring leaders Chris Terry and Zach Boychuk had a busy schedule alternating game between the Hurricanes and Checkers. With four days off between games, the pair should be well rested.
The Checkers and Admirals haven’t played against each other since Dec. 27, but the Checkers own a 2-1 record over the team.