Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s picks for the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs can be found here.
- Kirk Muller addressed the press yesterday for the first time since the last game of the season (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the Canes’ neutral zone play (Shutdown Line)
- Section 328 has their Cheaters Never Win podcast, this one featuring the player’s exit interviews (Section 328)
- Luke DeCock explains how Muller took the high road in his answers at his press conference yesterday (Raleigh News & Observer)
AHL Playoff Race Update
The Checkers haven’t played since Sunday, but their chances of making the playoffs have actually improved as the Oklahoma City Barons lost last night.
The Barons have a two-point lead on Charlotte, but have now played the same amount of games. The Rockford Ice Hogs also have the same amount of points as the Checkers, 77, and these last two games will be huge.
The Checkers play the Milwaukee Admirals on Friday, before playing what could be a play-in game for the playoffs against the Ice Hogs.
The Barons have the easiest two final games playing the Iowa Wild, who are last in the Western Conference, in a two-game series.
Playoff hopes in Charlotte are bleak, but still alive.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes