Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s rumor of Mike Vellucci possibly being the Hurricanes next coach can be found here.
- Alexander Semin will need wrist surgery, while Andrei Loktionov was invited by Team Russia for the World Championships (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Philadelphia Flyers by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- The NHL Draft lottery is tonight. Chances are the Canes will finish the night with the seventh overall pick, but do have a 4.7 percent chance of receiving the first overall pick (Bleacher Report)
- Andrew Luistro explains the frustration setting in for the Carolina fan base (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
Hurricanes fans have every reason to be frustrated and angry as they watched their team fail yet again to make the playoffs, and in disappointing fashion. But after years of the same plan and people in place, it seems things will change in Raleigh, at least in the personnel.
That may not relate to on-ice success, but after having the same formula for a low-place finish, changes would be a welcome sight in Raleigh. GM Jim Rutherford and coach Kirk Muller will both likely be gone, which is the first step in changing the culture.
And it looks like a number of the players are next based on rumors that are trailing the team around.