Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes defeated the Philadelphia Flyers yesterday, in their last game of the season. Read our recap here.
- Read Chip Alexander’s recap (Raleigh News & Observer) Bob Wage’s recap (Canes Country) Matt Karash’s recap (Hockey Buzz)
- The unpopular candidates for making World Championships from the Canes (Cardiac Cane)
- Speaking of World Championships, Eric Staal will not participate for Canada
- Corey Szanjder looks at the game against the Detroit Red Wings by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Andrew Hirsh explains how Jeff Skinner is the Hurricanes’ franchise cornerstone (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers have two games left and making the playoffs got much more difficult last night as they lost to the Grand Rapids Griffins, 2-1 yesterday.
Philippe Cornet scored the first goal almost 14 minutes into the game, but Cory Emmerton scored before the period to tie it.
Trevor Parkes scored the go-ahead goal in the second period that lasted until the end of regulation.
John Muse made 25 saves, while Victor Rask and Matt Corrente each recorded assists.
The Checkers are two points behind the Oklahoma City Barons for the final spot in the playoffs and with one more game played. It goes without saying, but these last two games have monumental importance to them.
However, the team will have to wait until Friday to play next, against the Milwaukee Admirals.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes