Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes defeated the Detroit Red Wings last night, 2-1. Read our recap here.
- Read the Hurricanes’ recap (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Sergery Tolchinsky will finish the season with the Charlotte Checkers and he’s shown some promise in the OHL (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Andrej Sekera had abdominal surgery and will need six weeks to recover (Cardiac Cane)
- Andrew Luistro looks at how the Canes are lifeless at home (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
- Corey Sznajder looks at when a plan doesn’t come together (Shutdown Line)
Corey’s right in that there is a lot of problems with this Canes team. While most people on the outside will look at the roster and say it’s the defense, a lot of it is the lack of production on offense.
And that goes for every line. The top six needs to contribute more, based on their pay and stature of the players, but the same can be said about the bottom six, which was not built to score in the first place.
Then there is the system/identity problem or lack thereof. To me, a hodgepodge of players were thrown together this season (and most prior seasons). With a new GM and likely coach, some of these things will change next season.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes