Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Eric Staal can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Washington Capitals in their last home game of the season. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Even though the Canes have been eliminated from the playoffs, nothing has changed for the team (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the New York Rangers by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- The Hurricanes are seeking answers on why they missed the playoffs yet again (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Lyle Richardson names Andrej Sekera the Canes’ most pleasantly surprising player of the 2013-14 season (Bleacher Report)
Charlotte Checkers Preview
With playoffs shrinking by the game, the Checkers will look to get themselves back in the front of the race tonight against the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m.
After three losses in three days, things can’t go much worse for Charlotte, and this one could be the make-or-break for the postseason and the opponent will not be an easy one.
The Griffins are second in the Western Conference and the two teams have not seen each other since October when they split a pair of games.
The Checkers will need a better result as they play the Griffins on Sunday also.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes