Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Rod Brind’Amour being a possible coaching candidate can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the New York Rangers tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Mark Jones explains how the Hurricanes are using these last games to evaluate players (Bleacher Report)
- Weekly report on the Charlotte Checkers (Checkers’ Website)
- Chip Alexander goes over the tough decisions the Hurricanes will have to make this summer (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Corey Sznajder asks if Justin Faulk is a building block or a center piece (Shutdown Line)
Faulk has generally been viewed as the defenseman of the future for the Hurricanes — and with good reason. He came into the league at a young age and performed extremely well on a team that had a porous veteran defense.
But this season, I believe one could argue was a disappointment for Faulk. He didn’t have a bad year, but with it being his third in the league, more leaps in development was expected.
He’s scored a career high in points and has found a great partner in Andrej Sekera, but we still see some inconsistent nights from the 22 year old.
I still believe he is the franchise d-man of the future, but Faulk will likely need a strong cast around him.