Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on how important the rest of the season is can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the New Jersey Devils tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Ryan Murphy was called up yesterday from Charlotte (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Meanwhile, Chris Terry and Zach Boychuk were sent down (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Dallas Stars by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Section 328 has a scavenger hunt for fan appreciation week (Section 328)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The additions of Chris Terry and Zach Boychuk on offense weren’t enough for the Checkers to earn a win as they fell to the San Antonio Rampage last night, 5-2.
The Rampage dominated the first two periods heading into the second intermission with a 4-1 lead. Nicolas Blanchard scored with four seconds left in the middle stanza to bring the Checkers within three.
Boychuk scored a goal on the powerplay eight minutes in before Tyler Barnes scored about three minutes later to regain the three-goal lead for the Rampage that lasted until the end of regulation.
Four different Checkers recorded assists, while John Muse made 29 saves on 34 shots.
Charlotte is still in eighth place, but with a one-point lead on the Rochester Americans. The team will have a chance to improve that tonight as they play the Oklahoma City Barons at 8 p.m.