Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Jeff Daniels can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Dallas Stars tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Michael Smith answers fans’ twitter questions (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Canes Country looks at the past week for the Canes, which was pretty good (Canes Country)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Pittsburgh Penguins by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Marquardt won Checkers’ Man of the Year for his work in the community (Checkers’ Website)
- Michael Peckerar explains how reality not math will be the future for the Hurricanes this season (Rant Sports)
I don’t think there’s really any doubt that the Hurricanes will not make the playoffs this season. Of course, mathematically, they still can, but there’s no real reason to believe that all of the crazy things that have to happen will actually happen.
Right now the Canes aren’t playing bad hockey so the team should just focus on that and improving day-in and day-out. It may be a cliche and not be on every player’s mind at this point, but they still are playing for spots next year.
With next year a question mark, the players need to play to prove they belong on the roster.