Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Ottawa Senators last night in a shootout. Read the recap here.
- The Canes play the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Why John Stevens should be considered for the team’s next head coach (Cardiac Cane)
- Chip Alexander’s recap of last night’s game (Raleigh News & Observer) Bob Wage’s recap (Canes Country) Hurricanes’ recap (Hurricanes Website)
- John Muse was named AHL’s Player of the Week (Checkers’ Website)
- Andrew Luistro looks at how the Canes are still giving away games (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
Andrew is completely right on this one. It feels like so many games where the Hurricanes played a strong game, but just something went wrong somewhere that ended up costing the team one or two valuable points.
A lot of it has been the powerplay, some of it mistakes and others the inability to put the puck in the net. Mix that all together and you have the Canes missing the playoffs for the fifth straight year, despite a much stronger on-ice product than last season.
However, there are lessons to gain from this year, no matter what the team looks like and with another year under their belt, some of the young players should improve even more.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes