Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on whether or not the Hurricanes made the right choice in selecting Elias Lindholm can be found here.
- The Canes play the Ottawa Senators tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Andrei Loktionov is seizing the opportunity he has with the Canes (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Mark Jones looks at how Eric Staal’s future with the team is looking shakier (Bleacher Report)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Columbus Blue Jackets by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Section 328 has their recap of the Blue Jackets game (Section 328)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
It was more exciting than Saturday night’s game, yet had nearly the same result as the Checkers defeated the Oklahoma City Barons in a shootout, this time by a 5-4 score.
At the end of the first it was tied at one with Victor Rask scoring for Charlotte, but the second period had plenty of action with a combined six goals.
Ben Eager and Chris Terry swapped goals before the Barons took a 4-2 lead, but two goals in less than a minute, tied the game back up. Zach Boychuk scored the third before Jared Staal tied it.
It stayed that way until the shootout where Terry and Shugg scored to win it for the Checkers.
Mike Murphy was pulled after the fourth goal and John Muse made 27 saves, plus four in the shootout, to earn the win.
With a four-point lead on the Barons, the Checkers now have a short break, playing the San Antonio Rampage next on Friday.