Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Sergey Tolchinsky can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Florida Panthers by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Michael Smith has the 14th episode of the Hurricanes Report podcast (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Eric Staal is comfortable on the wing, but prefers center (Raleigh News & Observer)
Charlotte Checkers Preview
With nine games remaining on the season, the Checkers will play four of their most important games in the next five against the Oklahoma City Barons and it all starts tonight at 7 p.m.
The Checkers are still in eighth place, the final playoff spot, in the West, two points ahead of the Barons, who have a game in hand, and one point in front of the Rochester Americans.
The Checkers and Barons have already met up eight times this season, with the Checkers holding a 6-2 advantage, but the Barons have won the last two contests.
Charlotte’s offense broke out against the Iowa Wild, scoring seven goals, while the team recorded a shutout. Obviously efforts like that would be huge against the Barons.
The Checkers and Barons will also play on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.