Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes signed Justin Faulk to a six-year extension. Read the story Eric Staal And Jeff Skinner Accoring To Darren Dreger” href=”http://cardiaccane.com/2014/03/24/nhl-trade-rumors-carolina-hurricanes-open-trading-eric-staal-jeff-skinner-accoring-darren-dreger/”>here.
- It looks like GM Jim Rutherford will not be back next year, as the general manager at least (Cardiac Cane)
- Mark Jones explains why the Faulk extension is a great step for the Canes (Bleacher Report)
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on the two big news from yesterday (Hockey Buzz)
- The Hurricanes play the New Islanders today at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
Charlotte Checkers Preview
It will be another important game for the Checkers as they take on the worst team, points wise, in the Western Conference tonight in the Iowa Wild at 6:35 p.m.
The two teams met in the Checkers’ third and fourth games of the season, and things did not go well for the team as the Wild won 3-1 and 7-2 for a combined score of 10-3.
Since then the Checkers have seen an up-and-down season, but are still somehow in the mix for a playoff spot, though that hope is dwindling.
The Rochester Americans are now in the final eighth spot in the conference and have a three-point lead on Charlotte, along with a game in hand. As has been the case for the past week, it’s make-or-break time for the Checkers.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes