Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why Zach Boychuk deserves a callup can be found here.
- Michael Smith answers fans’ Twitter questions (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Columbus Blue Jackets by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Andrew Luistro explains how Anton Khudobin is conrinuing to give the Hurricanes chances to win (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
- How Eric Staal and Jiri Tlusty have contract comparables (The Hockey Writers)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers fought back to tie their game against the Norfolk Admirals at three in the third period, but it didn’t matter as the Admirals’ Devante Smith-Pelley scored twice in the final two minutes to win the game 5-3.
Chris Terry, who was sent back to the Checkers yesterday, scored the first goal of the game, but by the end of the second, Norfolk led 3-2. Matt Marquardt scored his fifth of the season 14 minutes into the second period for Charlotte’s lone goal of the stanza.
Brett Sutter tied it at three seven minutes into the third, but Smith-Pelley’s two goals, one on an empty net, 11 minutes later stole the valuable points from the Checkers.
Sutter also recorded an assist, while John Muse made 23 saves.
The Checkers play the San Antonio Rampage Friday at 7 p.m.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes