Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Andrei Loktionov can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Columbus Blue Jackets today at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- A weekly report on the Charlotte Checkers (Checkers Website)
- The NCAA has remained a steady source of prospects for the Hurricanes (Hockey’s Future)
- Matt Karash goes over five positives for the Canes over the past month (Hockey Buzz)
While things haven’t been fun for the Hurricanes over the past month since coming back from the Olympic break, Matt is right that there are some good things to speak of. Jordan Staal has played much better with actual skilled players on his line, while Elias Lindholm and Ryan Murphy have been progressing really well lately.
The Anton Khudobin signing is of course good. GM Jim Rutherford signed him to a good deal and hopefully the netminder can be an answer in goal for some time.
One other thing that has been positive lately, is the play of Cam Ward. He’s played some of his best hockey of the season, and while it won’t make figuring out the goalie situation any easier, it’s nice to see the goalie playing at a level most expect of him.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes