Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes traded Tuomo Ruutu yesterday to the New Jersey Devils for Andrei Loktionov and a third-round pick (Cardiac Cane)
- Besides the trade, the team also recalled defenseman Ryan Murphy (Cardiac Cane)
- Mark Jones gives his thoughts on the trade, which he really liked (Bleacher Report)
- Matt Karash goes over the trade (Hockey Buzz)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the San Jose Sharks by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
Charlotte Checkers Preview
The Checkers will look for their fourth win as they make a late push to the playoffs against the San Antonio Rampage tonight at 8:30 p.m., but will do it without two of the most important players in their three-win run in Ryan Murphy and Justin Peters as both players were recalled by the Hurricanes.
Murphy was on an 11-game point streak, while Peters had all three wins during the current streak. The team will need Mark Flood to replace the offense Murphy was supplying from the back end, while the Checkers will turn back to Mike Murphy and John Muse as the tandem in net.
In two previous meetings with the Rampage, the Checkers have two wins and earning another win will be crucial here as the Rampage is hot on the Checkers with one point behind them as both compete for a playoff spot.
The Checkers are five points out of the eighth spot.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes