Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on how the Hurricanes could learn some lessons from ‘Game Of Thrones’ can be found here.
- The Canes play the Los Angeles Kings today at 4 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Are the Hurricanes open to trading any of the three goalies? (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Dallas Stars by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones explains how the lack of a successful power play is hurting the Hurricanes’ playoff chances (Bleacher Report)
Trade Deadline Update
The St. Louis Blues helped their cause in net last night, as they traded Jaraslov Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier and two picks to the Buffalo Sabres in return for Ryan Miller and Steve Ott. Ott was a speculated depth pick up for the Canes. Read what Sabre Noise had to say here and what Bleeding Blue had to say here.
Charlotte Checkers Preview
Seth Lakso, a reporter for the Charlotte News & Observer tweeted some unfortunate news for the Checkers last night saying the team has about a nine percent chance of making playoffs. However, the season still moves on as the team plays the Hershey Bears tonight at 7 p.m.
Justin Peters and Ryan Murphy are still with the team and while Peters hasn’t picked up a win since being sent down, he has recorded decent numbers. Murphy is having a strong outing, mainly in the assist department.
The Bears are ninth in the Eastern Conference.