Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Buffalo Sabres, 3-2, last night. Read the recap Ryan Miller Amazes As The Carolina Hurricanes Fall To The Buffalo Sabres” href=”http://cardiaccane.com/2014/02/25/ryan-miller-amazes-carolina-hurricanes-fall-buffalo-sabres/” target=”_blank”>here.
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on last night’s game (Hockey Buzz)
- Cory Lavalette ranks the top 20 prospects in the Canes system for Spring 2014 (Hockey’s Future)
- Corey Sznajder gives an update on the zone entry numbers for the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
- Eklund has a new rumor on Tuomo Ruutu as the trade deadline approaches (Hockey Buzz)
My Opinion: The Columbus Blue Jackets seem like a logical destination for Ruutu, given Jarmo Kekalainen‘s relation to the Finnish Olympic team, but as Eklund points out, Ruutu had a strong tournament and he may be more valuable to the team than in a trade.
However, the Hurricanes have four games left against some stiff competition before March 5 that could play a part in where the team is in the playoff race. Losing last night, in what should have been a win has already hurt the team badly.
If the Canes slip, while other teams rise, I wouldn’t be surprised if GM Jim Rutherford is even more willing to deal Ruutu, no matter how well he did at the Olympics or in the four games before the trade deadline.
Eklund also notes the St. Louis Blues as interested, which seems highly unlikely given the team’s $1.47 million cap space.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes