Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why Eric Staal needs to lead the Hurricanes in their playoff push can be found here.
- The Canes return from the Olympic break to play the Buffalo Sabres tonight at 7. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Tomorrow’s game against the Sabres starts a five-game road trip (Hurricanes Website)
- Weekly report on the Charlotte Checkers (Checkers Website)
- Mark Jones grades each of the Hurricanes’ Olympians performances in the tournament (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: A grade of ‘D’ for Justin Faulk is a little harsh, but there’s not much to go off of and a grade of ‘B’ or higher would be ridiculous. I would probably go with a ‘C.’
For Andrej Sekera, he would get a ‘D.’ He did not have a strong tournament at all and was part of the problem for Slovakia. Sekera may have had two assists in the final game, but that doesn’t excuse him for his poor performance against Slovenia.
Alexander Semin didn’t do much to warrant higher than a ‘C,’ but also didn’t make mistakes to get anything lower.
Tuomo Ruutu deserves the ‘A’ he got from Mark. He had a spectacular tournament for Finland and deserves the Bronze medal he and the rest of the Finland team were rewarded.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes