Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes recalled Cam Ward from his conditioning stint yesterday. Read what we think this means for the team here.
- Monthly report on the Hurricanes (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Corey Sznajder goes over the Canes impressive January (Shutdown Line)
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have continued their dominance of the division, still leading with 78 points.
- Fifteen points below them are the New York Rangers, who have quietly had a strong January and a 7-3-0 record in their last 10.
- With 60 points, the Columbus Blue Jackets are third in the division after an impressive month also.
- The Philadelphia Flyers also have 60 points, but have played one more game than the Blue Jackets dropping them to fourth.
- Despite a strong January, the Hurricanes are in fifth with 59 points as most of the other teams had strong months.
- Also with 59 points are the Washington Capitals, who have played two more games than the Canes.
- The New Jersey Devils are one point below the Caps and Hurricanes and have a middling 4-3-3 record in their last 10.
- Bringing up the rear, which has been the case for most of the season are the New York Islanders with 50 points. It seems as every day passes, the team falls more out of a playoff spot.