Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Carolina Hurricanes beat the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 last night. The game featured a beautiful highlight-reel goal from Nathan Gerbe. The recap can be found here.
- The Carolina Hurricanes will take on the Buffalo Sabres tonight at 7 pm in New York. A preview for the game will be posted on Cardiac Cane later in the morning.
- Mark Jones talks about why Alexander Semin is rightfully deserving of a spot on the Russian Olympic hockey team. (Bleacher Report)
I was shocked when Alexander Semin did not make the original Russian Olympic Team. He is much more talented than a lot of players on the original squad, in my opinion.
He deserves to be on the team, especially since he has been on a goal scoring tear lately. The Russian sniper has four goals in his past three games and has a plus/minus of +3 in that span.
He will be one of many dangerous goal scorers on the Russian Olympic team which will make them a big threat offensively throughout the Olympics in Sochi.
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Pittsburgh Penguins continue to win as they took down the Montreal Canadians 5-1 on Wednesday night. Former Carolina Hurricanes forward Jussi Jokinen netted two goals in route to the Penguins’ big win. Former Carolina Hurricanes center Brandon Sutter won 53% of his face-offs and had 17:04 of ice time.
- The Carolina Hurricanes are in 7th place in the Metropolitan Division following their 3-2 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Wednesday. They are three points out of a Wild Card spot in the Eastern Conference.