Carolina Hurricanes News
- Alexander Semin was named to Team Russia after an injury caused an opening (Cardiac Cane)
- The preview for the rescheduled game against the Philadelphia Flyers can be found here.
- Friday’s game against the Ottawa Senators has been pushed back to Saturday at noon.
- Matt Karash does a mock game blog for the postponed game (Hockey Buzz)
- Mark Jones explains how the rescheduled game is another example of NHL’s rescheduling inconsistencies (Bleacher Report)
- Andrew Luistro tries to find a home for Tuomo Ruutu (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
Metropolitan Division Update
- All the Pittsburgh Penguins do is win as the team remains as the top seed in the division with 70 points and a 7-2-1 record in their last 10.
- The New York Rangers match the Penguins last 10 record and have climbed into second place with 57 points.
- In third place is tonight’s opponent, the Flyers who have 56 points, but two games in hand on the Rangers.
- With a seven-game winning streak, the Columbus Blue Jackets now sit in fourth place in the Metro with 54 points. The returns of Nathan Horton and Sergei Bobrovsky have had a huge effect.
- One point below them are the New Jersey Devils.
- After controlling the second-place spot for some time the Washington Capitals have fallen to sixth with a 2-5-3 record in their last 10.
- The Hurricanes are in seventh with 49 points, three points behind the Caps, but with two games in hand.
- Bringing up the last spot in the division are the New York Islanders, who have played better of late, but can’t pull out of the division basement.