Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why Jeff Skinner needs to learn to play with Jeff Skinner can be found here.
- Andrej Sekera and Justin Faulk both had a rare bad game against the Tampa Bay Lightning Sunday (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes play the Flyers tonight at 7 ET. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Some great news: Joni Pitkanen is progressing well while dealing with his heel injury (Hurricanes Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Lightning by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- A weekly report on the Checkers (Checkers Website)
- Jonathan Willis asks how much trade value does Cam Ward have (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: I think the more important question here is what is the market like for Ward? A 30-year-old starter with two years left at over $6 million a season isn’t likely going to bring in a lot of teams.
Jonathan points out in his article that the Oilers and Islanders could be possible teams, but both are out of the playoffs. That means those teams aren’t going to trade assets for a goalie that isn’t going to put them over the top in a playoff run.
That’s another reason why I’ve been saying the Hurricanes should wait until the offseason to move Ward. There will be more opportunities for other teams to make a trade for the netminder.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes