Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Alexander Semin not contributing enough can be found here.
- The Hurricanes need to use their current break to find their offense again (Cardiac Cane)
- Mark Jones looks at why the Canes are in their current goal-scoring drought (Bleacher Report)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Calgary Flames by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Zach Boychuk and Brett Sutter are joining the Charlotte Checkers at the right time as the team is going through some injuries (Checkers Website)
- Andrew Luistro looks at why Mikael Backlund is someone Elias Lindholm should try to emulate (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
My Opinion: A lot of Hurricanes’ bloggers are high on Backlund; he’s strong defensively and had a great night against the Canes on Monday, but there’s still a lot of problems with Backlund’s development.
The Flame has consistency problems like Lindholm and is still coming into his own as a two-way player. Backlund came into the league with a ton of potential, just like Lindholm. Unfortunately for Backlund, he hasn’t lived up to those expectations yet, but is still young at 24-years-old.
If Lindholm played more like Backlund it would be a step up, but I hope, given Lindholm’s potential and expectations, that he’ll be a better player than Backlund.
Remember, for the best deals on Carolina Hurricanes tickets for all upcoming home or road games, visit TiqIQ.com.