Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on the Hurricanes’ AHLers showing depth can be found here.
- According to TSN, the Canes are shopping Tuomo Ruutu again (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes play the Calgary Flames tonight. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Eric Staal returned to practice yesterday (Hurricanes Website)
- Corey Sznjader looks at who is creating the scoring chances for the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
- Justin Halbersma has a mid-season report card for the Canes (The Hockey Writers)
My Opinion: There’s definitely been some bright spots on the Hurricanes roster, most notably Jeff Skinner, Anton Khudobin and Justin Peters, but as Justin points out, there’s also been a ton of frustration.
Frustration has mainly come from how inconsistent the team can be. Some nights, the Canes will look like a playoff team, other nights, they look like bottom-feeders. Just take a look at the five-game losing streak followed by a five-game winning streak.
However, I will say my expectations were not that high at the start of the season. The Metropolitan Division looked extremely tough and I thought the tough schedule to start the season would do the team in. But the division is weaker than expected and the Hurricanes did just fine at the start of the year.
Overall, there’s things that can be improved, but things could be a lot worse. I would give the team a ‘B’ grade.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes