Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes were shutout by the Columbus Blue Jackets last night. The recap can be found here.
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Toronto Maple Leafs by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Andrew Luistro looks at the future in net for the Hurricanes (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
- Matt Larkin asks if the Czech ‘B’ team could beat the ‘A’ team. Radek Dvorak and Michal Jordan were named to the hypothetical ‘B’ team (The Hockey News)
- Is Jordan Staal ready to breakout at a fantasy hockey perspective? (Fantasy CPR)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers continued their success against the Oklahoma City Barons last night, defeating the team, 5-2. It was the Checkers third win in three games over the Barons this season.
Charlotte took complete control of the game in the first period, as the team scored four goals in the first 15 minutes. Victor Rask had the first, Matthew Pistilli had two and Chris Terry also added one.
Matthew Ford and Ryan Martindale had the Barons’ two goals in the third period before Aaron Palushaj scored on an empty net to seal the victory.
Palushaj and Terry also added assists, while Mike Murphy had a busy night, making 41 saves.
The Checkers play the Barons again tomorrow night.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes