Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Eric Staal and Alexander Semin getting a wakeup call can be found here.
- The Hurricanes recalled Elias Lindholm and sent Aaron Palushaj to the Checkers yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes play the Toronto Maple Leafs tomorrow. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- The story of how four former Checkers have become NHL regulars with the Canes (Checkers Website)
- How the Hurricanes faired in Buffalo through the blizzard (Hurricanes Website)
- Michael Peckerar explains why Eric Staal should have kept his Olympic frustration to himself (Rant Sports)
My Opinion: Staal does sometimes have a problem with dealing with frustration, but that happens to a host of other players also. That doesn’t make it excusable, but singling out Staal isn’t always the right thing to do. As for what he said about missing out on the Olympic team, I have no problems with it.
Chip Alexander most likely contacted the Canadian asking how he felt about not being picked. Staal answered honestly and didn’t blame the Canadian officials, Staal just said he believes he should be there. Maybe it’s a tad cocky and/or demanding, but I wouldn’t call it a ‘public belly-ache’ or a ‘rant to the press.’
What I hope for is that Staal does prove them wrong, like he said he would try to do.