Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes defeated the Nashville Predators last night, 2-1. Read the recap here.
- The Canes had a slew of injury updates yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- Greg Nemisz is looking forward to a fresh start with the Checkers (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at when dumps-and-chases work for team entries (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones asks if Jeff Skinner can maintain his current hot-streak? (Bleacher Report)
Metropolitan Division Update
- Nothing’s changed at the top as the Pittsburgh Penguins have taken an even bigger lead with 63 points. Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang also returned yesterday.
- With a 7-2-1 record in their last 10, the Philadelphia Flyers have moved up to the second spot, largely due to the play of Steve Mason and Claude Giroux, who is back to his regular form.
- The Washington Capitals are tied with the Flyers with 46 points, but have one less win making them drop to third place.
- The Hurricanes are one point behind the Capitals with their recent play and are looking to pass them.
- Despite a 6-3-1 record in their last 10, the New York Rangers dropped to fifth with 44 points, but are still in the mix.
- Two points behind them are the New Jersey Devils, who have been playing strong hockey over the past couple of months.
- The Blue Jackets may be in sixth, but they just got back Nathan Horton and Sergei Bobrovsky and could make a push over the next few months.
- The New York Islanders have been playing much stronger lately, but are still five points behind the Jackets with 35 points.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes