Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why Jeff Skinner deserves to be on Team Canada can be found here.
- Anton Khudobin is making the goalie decision even tougher for the Hurricanes (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes play the New York Islanders tomorrow. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Washington Capitals by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash previews today’s game against the Islanders (Hockey Buzz)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers used a second period comeback to lead the team to a 4-3 win over the Texas Stars last night; a night after losing to Texas.
Matthew Pistilli scored his first goal of the season for the Checkers eight minutes into the first period, but the Stars scored two goals before the end of the stanza to give them a 2-1 lead into intermission.
But a two-goal second period from the Checkers put them back in the lead. Nicolas Blanchard and Pistilli scored the goals. Beau Schmitz scored four minutes into the third period to give Charlotte a 4-2 lead. The Stars scored four minutes later, but could not beat Mike Murphy the rest of the game.
Murphy made 32 saves in the win, while Phillipe Cornet had two assists. The Checkers are 11th in the Western Conference and play next Friday against the Oklahoma City Baron.