Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Toronto Maple Leafs last night. Read the recap Phil Kessel And The Toronto Maple Leafs” href=”http://cardiaccane.com/2013/12/29/carolina-hurricanes-fall-phil-kessel-toronto-maple-leafs/” target=”_blank”>here.
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on last night’s game (Hockey Buzz)
- Corey Szanjder explains why Alexander Semin is important to the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones takes a look at the low-cost benefits Nathan Gerbe is offering (Bleacher Report)
Hurricanes’ World Junior Championship Update
- Jaccob Slavin did not record a point or an assist in USA’s 8-0 win over Germany.
- Elias Lindholm had his strongest game of the tournament scoring a goal and adding two assists in Sweden’s 10-0 win over Norway. Erik Karlsson also had an assist.
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers attempted to fight back from a two-goal deficit, but were not able to find the equalizer as the team lost to the Chicago Wolves, 4-3.
The game was Anton Khudobin‘s first in his conditioning stint with the team and he saw plenty of rubber with 36 saves on 40 shots.
By the end of the second period the score was 3-2 with both of the Checkers’ goals coming from Aaron Palushaj. The Wolves scored another with less than five minutes left, before Justin Shugg scored in an effort to get back in the game.
The Wolves would hold onto the lead. Palushaj also had an assist while Nicolas Blanchard had two.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes