Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Jeff Skinner‘s chances on making Team Canada can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Mark Jones gives his four-step plan to revitalize the Canes season (Bleacher Report)
- Ken Campbell wrote a feature on Jay Harrison and his intelligence (The Hockey News)
World Junior Championship: Hurricanes Prospect Update
- Jaccob Slavin scored Team USA’s fourth goal in its win over the Czech Republic.
- Neither Elias Lindholm or Erik Karlsson recorded a point, but Sweden was able to defeat Switzerland, 5-3.
Charlotte Checkers Preview
After five days off, the Checkers will get back in action tonight against the Milwaukee Admirals at 8 ET. The two teams met for a two-game series at the end of November/beginning of December with both teams coming away with a win.
The Admirals sit in fifth place in the Western Conference while the Checker have been trying to fight out of the basement of the conference in 13th place.
John Muse and Zach Boychuk have helped lead the way so far, but the team is on a two-game losing streak after losing twice to the Toronto Marlies. If they can earn a win over a tough conference opponent it could mean a lot.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes