Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Jiri Tlusty can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Blue Jackets tonight at 7 ET. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- We helped out Union And Blue’s preview of tonight’s game. Check out their website here to find the preview.
- Brett Pesce was cut from Team USA’s WJC camp last night. Jaccob Slavin is still there, but one more cut needs to be made.
Metropolitan Division Recap
- Nothing’s changed at the top of the division as the Pittsburgh Penguins have maintained the top spot even without key players like Kris Letang, Brooks Orpik and James Neal. They are on a seven-game winning streak and have 55 points.
- The Washington Capitals are still sitting in second with 42 points and are 6-2-2 in their last 10.
- Climbing into third are the New Jersey Devils who had a tough start to the season, but are sitting in a playoff spot.
- The Philadelphia Flyers are one point behind the Devils with 36 points, but a game in hand.
- Tied with the Flyers, are the Hurricanes, who also have a game in hand on the Devils.
- New York Rangers also have 36 points but have played one more game than the Flyers and Canes.
- Tonight’s visitors, the Columbus Blue Jackets sit in seventh with 34 points.
- And still dwelling in last place are the New York Islanders with 27 points and a 2-5-3 record in their last 10.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes