Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes are planning to allow Elias Lindholm to play for Team Sweden at the World Junior Championships (Cardiac Cane)
- Yesterday’s blog on why now is the time for the Canes to make a trade can be found here.
- Weekly report on the Checkers (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the Hurricanes’ past week (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on how to solve the current goalie problem (Hockey Buzz)
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Pittsburgh Penguins are maintaing the lead that they’ve had since the beginning of the season with an 8-1-1 record in the last 10 and 47 points.
- Eight points behind the Pens, sit the Washington Capitals, who have kept second place for a while now.
- But the Hurricanes sit only four points behind, but have played one more game than the Caps.
- The Rangers are hot on the Canes’ tail with 33 points and a 4-5-1 record in the last 10.
- With a game in hand on the Rangers, the Flyers sit in fifth with 32 points.
- The Devils also have 32 points, but have played one more game and one less win than the Flyers.
- The Blue Jackets also have 32 points, but have played one more game than the Flyers. The sixth place has quickly become a contested spot in the division.
- Bringing up the rear are the New York Islanders with 24 points and one win in their last 10.
Carolina’s next game comes Friday night at home against the Washington Capitals. Get your Carolina Hurricanes tickets here.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes