Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Canucks last night, 2-0. Read the recap Vancouver Canucks” href=”http://cardiaccane.com/2013/12/10/carolina-hurricanes-cant-score-loss-vancouver-canucks/” target=”_blank”>here.
- The Canes play the Oilers tonight. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Jeff Skinner was named the NHL’s first star of the week (The Hockey News)
- The Checkers will be without Rasmus Rissanen for a little bit as he was injured over the weekend (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the past week for the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
- Michael Peckerar explains why the Canes should unleash Jeff Skinner (Rant Sports)
My Opinion: I don’t think there’s anyone that would disagree with this sentiment. Skinner was on a tear before his injury, but took a little bit to get back to his regular form when he came back. But now, he’s back to that torrent pace and leading the Canes in goals.
The Hurricanes are using Skinner more frequently also. He went from the third line to the first and so far the move has paid off. His ice time has also increased ranging from 17 minutes to 23 in the past two games.
As for allowing Skinner to play the offensive game he can, he scores more off the rush and on the first line, he isn’t limited at all to supply that type of offense. Skinner’s influence on offense has slowly increased over the season.