Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on the Hurricanes’ defensive prospects can be found here.
- Preview for the Canes Western Conference swing, which starts today (Cardiac Cane)
- Speaking of the Western Conference swing, the Hurricanes play the Canucks tonight. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Corey Sznajder gives his thoughts on the current goalie situation the Canes are facing (Shutdown Line)
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Penguins continue their lead in first place, but could be missing Brooks Orpik, because of injury, and James Neal, because of suspension, for the next few games.
- Washington hasn’t had a great last 10 games with a 5-4-1 record, but are maintaining second place with 34 points. They are seven behind the Penguins.
- After being in second place at the start of the weekend, the Canes are in third with two days off.
- The Rangers sit in fourth also with a 5-4-1 record over their last 10 games.
- The re-surging Devils sit in fifth with 30 points. After a slow start to the season, the team has played well of late.
- The inconsistent Flyers are in sixth with 28 points and a 6-4-0 record in the last 10. Vincent Lecavalier will miss the next few weeks.
- One point behind them are the Blue Jackets, who also have a 6-4-0 record in the last 10.
- After a hot start and a trade for Thomas Vanek, the Islanders are in last in the division with 21 points.