Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why the Hurricanes and Maple Leafs are perfect trade partners can be found here.
- Jiri Tlusty and Kirk Muller had a long talk after practice yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- The Canes play the Capitals tonight at 7. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Team Canada announced their training camp roster for the World Junior Championship. No Hurricane prospect was on the list.
- Peter Karmanos Jr. was indicted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame yesterday (The Detroit News)
- Corey Sznajder reviews the Canes past week (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash goes over nine trade possibilities for the Hurricanes (Hockey Buzz)
My Opinion: Most of the trades are probably expecting too much. A trade around Cam Ward and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins isn’t going to happen, while it’s unlikely the Wild trade Matt Cullen, who Canes fans should know is a valuable player.
If the Canes do trade Tim Gleason, which is looking more and more likely, I don’t think it will be a big deal. A trade for John Michael Liles or for picks and/or prospects is what I expect the trade to be.
So I would expect a similar trade to some of the smaller trades Matt has speculated at, rather than big blockbuster between two prominent players.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes