Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on the Hurricanes making some possible roster moves can be found here.
- The Canes will play the Red Wings tonight. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Nathan Gerbe is returning home to Minnesota for only the second time in his career (Hurricanes Website)
- Who could make it to an Olympic roster from the Canes? (Cardiac Cane)
- Matt Karash evaluates the team and players at the quarter mark of the season (Hockey Buzz)
- Michael Peckerar explains why the loss of Alex Semin will not be a big deal for the Hurricanes (Rant Sports)
My Opinion: I understand that Semin hasn’t been producing as much as last season, but that doesn’t mean his loss won’t be a big deal. Besides Eric Staal, Semin would be the next player that would be counted on for helping the team out of the current offensive slump.
It’s also worth noting that without Semin, the only other highly skilled winger is Jeff Skinner, who is coming off an injury. Nathan Gerbe can provide some offense, but after that the skill dries up and is replaced by defensive wingers.
Semin hasn’t been scoring as much as the team needs, but to say he won’t be missed or his absence won’t be a “big deal” is simply crazy.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes