Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why the Hurricanes should trade Tuomo Ruutu can be found here.
- An update on injuries from yesterday’s practice (Cardiac Cane)
- The Canes play the Ducks tonight at 7 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Kirk Muller and the team have some important lineup decisions to make (Hurricanes Website)
- Corey Sznajder explains why everyone should know about Ron Hainsey and Brett Bellemore (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones looks how goaltending has defined the Canes season so far (Bleacher Report)
- Matt Karash explores some trade possibilities at the quarter mark of the season (Hockey Buzz)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
Things only got worse for the Checkers in their second game against the Hershey Bears last night as they fell again. This time by a score of 8-1. ZAch Boychuk was the only Checker to get on the board.
Unlike last night, John Muse gave up the majority of goals, letting seven in. Rick DiPietri came on in relief, allowing one goal. While Muse has played well in the past couple of weeks, Mike Murphy will get a chance to help the goaltending as he should be sent back down soon.
The Checkers are now on a five-game losing streak and things have not looked good as the team has a combined 21-9 score against them over those five games. Things have to start changing or we could see some major changes for the team.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes