Carolina Hurricanes Report
- Yesterday’s blog about the Hurricanes pursuing Marc Staal can be found here.
- Should the Canes trade a defenseman? (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the past week for the Canes (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash looks at the tough week ahead for the Hurricanes (Hockey Buzz)
Metropolitan Division Update
- After starting out the season extremely strong, the Penguins have cooled off and are on a two-game losing streak to go along with their .500 record in the last 10 games, but still lead the division
- The Capitals have moved into second, despite missing Alex Ovechkin for a couple of games last week.
- Things have really come together for the Rangers after a rough start, winning seven of their last 10 and moving into third, while reaching a winning record.
- The Hurricanes are two points behind the Rangers, for fourth in the Metropolitan.
- Devils have been having an up and down season, but only sit a point behind the Canes in fifth with 15 points.
- The Islanders are going through a rough patch right now, losing four in a row, including once to the Hurricanes, and falling to sixth in the division.
- Blue Jackets won their last game, but are in seventh.
- The Flyers are slowly warming up winning twice in their last three, but sit in last with 11 points.