Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on a change in ways for the Hurricanes can be found here.
- The Hurricanes play the Wild tonight at 7 p.m. ET. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Despite winning in their last two games, the Canes still need to find offense (Cardiac Cane)
- Michael Smith does a Hurricanes Report podcast (Hurricanes Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Islanders by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash talks about Manny Malhotra and puck possession in his latest blog (Hockey Buzz)
Charlotte Checkers Preview
After losing 2-1, to the Chicago Wolves on Thursday, the Checkers will look to avenge the loss against the same team. Adam Brace got the scoring started for the Checkers before the Wolves scored twice to take the lead and hold onto it for the win.
This season, the Checkers have seen the majority of scoring coming from the veterans and star players, and while that has worked thus far into the season, it would be nice to see some depth scoring.
Brace did that against the Wolves, but nobody could follow up as his goal stayed as the lone score for Charlotte.
The team will need to get some more scoring from the bottom six in the future games. John Muse played Thursday’s game, so it’s likely Rick DiPietro will be in net.